Friday, October 28, 2011

Faith Without Deeds Is Dead

You know the saying "The more you know the more you realize you don't know"? That saying rings so true in regards to Christ. The more I am surrounded by His love, and the more He reveals Biblical truths to me, the more I realize that I have so much to learn.

I think the most problems arise in life when I have an all-knowing attitude. When I think that I've got it all figured out, and think I have everything together, that's really when Satan is able to take hold. Out of that false reality comes such a multitude of sins- anger, jealousy, pride.

I find myself desiring so very badly to appear to have everything together, and I try to hard to do just enough to feel like I'm doing enough. I give enough money to not feel guilty. I'm nice enough to just enough people to feel good about myself. But I don't give until it hurts, I don't love when it's tough, and I don't jump in head first to what Jesus is really about.

There's a really great song that I've loved over the years by Brooke Fraser called "Albertine". And in this song there is an amazing line that always sticks with me, "Faith without deeds is dead". I love that line because it always puts Jesus in perspective for me.

Because if I don't give everything, and I don't love when it hurts, why would I waste my time doing something so amazing only halfway? I mean, what would have happened if Jesus half-assed it?

No comments:

Post a Comment